Friday, February 18, 2011

"I'm a Civilian Here Myself"

To the following inquiry:
Bob Benchley did a short film for the Marines at the end of WWII as a mustering-out lesson. I would like very much to get a VHS copy. Can the society do this for me? Now approaching 81 and this is one item I would like to achieve very soon.

The Robert Benchley Society responded:
The film you're thinking of is "I'm a Civilian Here Myself" which Benchley made in 1945 for the U.S. Navy. It was released some years ago on VHS by Video Yesteryear. It probably is out-of-print, and the company may be out of business, but here is some contact information:

Video Yesteryear
Box C
Sandy Hook, CT
USA
Phone: 800-243-0987
Fax: 203-797-0819
Email: video@yesteryear.com

More information about the movie at:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/im_a_civilian_here_myself/

1 comment:

Gordon Ernst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Robert Benchley Society

For more information about the Robert Benchley Society, local chapters near you, our annual Award for Humor, and our Annual Gathering, visit The RBS Website