Friday, February 18, 2011

SNAFU: Situation Normal, All...

To this inquiry:
I am searching for a video copy of Robert Benchley's last movie, "Snafu" (Columbia, 1945). As far as I can discover, it's not available from any commercial source, and I thought you might have some ideas about where I might look for it. I'm hoping to locate it for the family of one of the screenwriters--Louis Solomon, who wrote both the screenplay and the Broadway play from which the movie was made.

The Robert Benchley Society responded:
As fas as we know, this was never released on video. Since it is a Columbia release, it might have been shown on a channel such as Turner Classic Movies. You might try contacting them about it.

No comments:

Robert Benchley Society

For more information about the Robert Benchley Society, local chapters near you, our annual Award for Humor, and our Annual Gathering, visit The RBS Website